Special Home Care Teams
The Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice Home Care Program offers specially trained expertise and multidisciplinary teams in wound care, cardiac care and diabetes management.
Wound Care Team:
Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice has a unique wound care team including three Wound Care Certified RNs on staff. Our Wound Care Certified Nurses work with healthcare staff to implement evidence-based practice standards in wound management issues. The VNHH Wound Care team is continually updated in the knowledge and use of the newest and most effective wound care products used to heal wounds, decrease pain and prevent infection. Team meetings and in-services are conducted regularly to address difficult cases of chronic and acute wounds. The wound team works with doctors, hospitals, nutritionists, and wound care centers in order to provide consistent treatment for healing outcomes.
- Cardio-pulmonary assessment
- Daily telemonitoring in the home
- Medication management and education
- Dietary education
- Diabetes certified RN’s (CDOE) focus on diabetes self-management, diet and intervention.
- Collaborates with physicians and registered dieticians to develop a care plan to improve quality of life at home
Chronic Care Management Team:
- Focuses on patient education and self-management of such conditions as heart failure or COPD
- Offers more visits during the beginning of care to ensure patient understanding of medical condition
- Involves daily telemonitoring to help avoid re-hospitalizations
- Offers problem solving support to the patient and the family.