Help at Home Services
Do I need Help at Home?
It’s time to call for Help at Home when
- Living at home safely is getting difficult and alternative housing may be needed.
- A person is unable to pay bills, prepare meals or remember to take medications.
- A person’s situation impacts a caregiver’s physical or mental health, job or family.
- Family members are not present, and they need assistance to manage help for aging parents.
What is the Help at Home Program?
Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice’s Help at Home program is a comprehensive elder care management program that can help your family member remain safe and independent in their own home for as long as possible. Our program manager, Judy Mason, is a Certified Geriatric Care Manager.
Help at Home Services: Judy Mason a Certified Geriatric Care Manager, can assist with the following:
- Home assessment and “Stay at home” plan
- Telehealth monitoring
- Medication management
- Coordination of services and appointments
- Arrangement of volunteer transportation services
- Home visits and/or phone consultations
- Monitoring for changes in status or condition, then adjusting plan
- Planning for long term care
- Assistance with forms and legal documents
- Counseling with families about dementia
- Referrals for licensed or certified local services, such as medical specialists, meals delivered to the home, legal and financial professionals, home maintenance, transportation, relocation, and assisted living or nursing homes