The Palliative Care program provides home health services to patients with serious and progressive health conditions who want to continue active treatment, seeking a cure or remission. Patients in this program often have life-threatening conditions such as:
- Cardio-pulmonary disease
- Lung or kidney disease
- Neurological diseases such as Parkinson or Alzheimer
- Other serious progressive diseases
Patients in this program may continue any level of active treatments for their diseases in the comfort of their home.
What Does Palliative Care Involve?
The Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice supports patients and their families in the following ways:
- Manage complex pain and symptoms
- Manage medications
- Coordinate care with other health care professionals
- Provide support for treatment decisions
- Ease stresses and anxiety for patients and families during life-threatening disease