The Hospice staff is available 24/7. Hospice team members include:
- Physician medical director – oversees patient care although patients continue to work with their own personal physicians.
- Nurses – specially trained RN’s offer pain and symptom management and the skills associated with life-limiting illnesses.
- Certified nurse assistants – help with personal care and comfort
- Medical social workers – connect patients and families with community resources and offer counseling
- Registered dietitians, physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists – offer specific help depending on patient’s care plan
- Chaplain – provides emotional and spiritual support and guidance, regardless of religious affiliation
- Bereavement coordinator – provides support group sessions, and literature for family members up to a year after the death of a hospice patient
- Volunteers – specially trained volunteers provide companionship, help with transportation and errands, and offer time off to loved ones.